CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 28, 2010

05.28.59

51 years ago today, my mom, Beth Corley, was born. There was a time in my life when 51 seemed really old...now it seems incredibly young. It is interesting how perspective changes as you go through life. My mom was the best one. As I've said in earlier posts, she was hilarious, the most fun, not really the best in the kitchen, loved parties, opened her home and her heart to anyone, very passionate about her family, completely head over heels for my Dad, did I mention tons of fun?...I am thankful that I was able to be a part of her life on this earth for 23 years. She was the BEST mom.

When you have a mom, as great as mine was, taken out of your life, there is a big hole to fill. There are a lot of moments that happen in life that you wish you mom could be present for...pregnancies, babies being born, falling in love, engagements, weddings, broken hearts, Mother's Days, birthdays, Christmases, Tuesdays, Sundays... Over the past several years, many incredibly women have stepped in to fill that gap for Rebekah, Troy, Ruthie and myself. Even though no one can take the place of Beth Corley, there have been many precious ladies who have loved on our family and shown up in those moments in life when the only person that is sufficient is your mom. So, to those women across the country...thank you for being sensitive enough to realize that we needed you and for setting aside your time to be available to take the temporary place of our mom...you are precious and we see Jesus through your life lived out. I know my mom would be thankful that you have picked up right where she left off.

No comments: